Today, I’d like to show you how to make a Hand-Chain Bracelet, more commonly known as a Slave Bracelet. I love this style of bracelet and the infinite variety you can create with it. Please note that the amount of chain needed will vary with your individual wrist & hand size. The tutorial is written for my specific wrist/hand size (6 inches). Simply adjust the measurements needed for your individual wrist & hand size.
Hand-Chain Bracelet Time: Approx. 10 min
- 4mm Curb Chain 14 cm
- 5mm Cable Chain 14 cm
- ¾ Hoop 1
- Lobster Clasp 1
- 5mm Jump Rings 2
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
2. Cut your 2.5mm Cable Chain into two pieces: 9cm and 5cm
4. Attach your 5cm piece of cable chain to the hoop using a jump ring and your Flat Nose Pliers. At the end of this step, your bracelet should look like the picture to the right.
5. Attach the loose end of your 5cm cable chain piece directly to the center-most link of the wrist chain using your flat nosed pliers.
Variations & Design Ideas
- Use 1 center chain and adorn with crystal beads for a sparkly, fun look. Use pearl beads for bridal accents!
- Adapt this tutorial to make barefoot sandles!
Jewelry Makers’ Tips
- Try using two sets of chain nose pliers. It makes the opening and closing of chains & jump rings a breeze!
- If you’re like me and you make your own jump rings, don’t forget to work harden them with your pliers or with a dappling hammer.